Is your sublimation printer printing lines or dots? Don’t worry this is a common problem in sublimation.
The sublimation printer printing horizontal lines problem is an issue that many people have encountered. Here are the most common causes and solutions to this issue.
Why printer is creating horizontal lines when printing?
There are numerous reasons that are causing the lines on your sublimated prints. Some common problems and their respective solutions are as follows:
Printer head alignment issue
The print head is not aligned. This can happen if the printer has been moved or knocked over. For solving this problem make sure the arrangement of your printing device print heads. In case, if they are not aligned fix them and print again.
A clogged printer can cause lines to be printed on the paper when it should not be printing anything at all. To solve this issue you should see if your printer is not clogged. In case of clogging your printing device try to clean it with a cotton swab.
A blockage between ink and paper
A sublimation printer prints a line when the ink is not getting to the paper, which means that there is something blocking it from reaching the paper. It is mainly a problem of the ink not getting to the paper. In order to fix this issue, you need to make sure that you are using the right type of paper and that your ink cartridges are not empty. To solve this issue, you can use a different type of paper or change your ink cartridges.
Hopefully, the above problems will solve the issue of horizontal and vertical lines when printing.
If any of the above solutions don’t work and the lines problem still persists. Then you might need to consult the experts who repair printers or change the print head of the device.
In the future, how to avoid printing lines?
Printing lines can be frustrating. Here are some tips to avoid them in the future:
- Firstly make sure never to leave the printer unused for too long with ink cartridges on. It causes clogging and creates horizontal lines in sublimation printing.
- When you print, make sure you have enough paper in your printer.
- Before starting sublimation always make sure the printer and all parts are properly aligned. Sometimes misalignments can cause black streaks in sublimation printing.
- If you are using a laptop, move the paper closer to the printer and make sure that it is lined up with the edges of your screen.
- If you are using a desktop computer, move your mouse as close to the printer as possible and click on “print.”
Epson printer horizontal lines problem
Epson printers are the most used printing devices for sublimation. Because of Epson’s higher usage rate, Epson printer vertical lines problem also occurs with 50% of users. The most possible two reasons could be its print head and its ink nozzles.
- The first reason might be the printer head is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Check the status of the printer head in your printer software. If there are no lines on the printhead, then it needs to be cleaned.
- A second reason could be you might have a clogged nozzle, then you will need to replace it. If you don’t want to replace it, then try cleaning it with a cotton swab or compressed air.
No, a matter which printing machine for sublimation work you are using. If you find the lines printing problem in your prints must follow the above-discussed solutions one by one. Hopefully, you will get good results.
Users also face the issue with wired sublimation printers as they might put the wrong cable in the wrong port etc. To avoid this issue shift to the wireless sublimation printers.
Happy Sublimation 🙂